Saturday, September 15, 2007

Goodbye "friend".

As some of you may already know, I recently lost a loved one. It was my fault. I must not lie, but I never thought the day would come; I had done it so many times before and it wasn't a problem, what was different?Maybe it was just ready. My pillow is gone. This pillow has been with me since I lost my first loved feather pillow when Austin ripped it YEARS ago, and Linea (who was babysitting at the time) gave me her pillow after some begging. The pillow was a HUGE feather pillow that had to weigh at least 5 lbs. Little kids usually have a safety blanket, or a special teddy bear...I had a pillow. They smelt the same..like roses and no matter what were always there to comfort me.

Here's how it happened: after watching a frightening Oprah on dust mites I decided I would wash all the bedding & pillows and vacuum the mattress. I had the vacuuming done, the bedding, and the pillows were in the washer. I took a break from homework, and switched them to the dryer. A few minutes (10-15) Nick starts screaming and tells me to come downstairs. I go down into the basement and POOF! my pooooor baby's guts were blown all over the place. It took 4 vacuum bags to clean it up. It was a sad night sleeping without the pillow.

Don't worry though, I have a travel-size feather pillow from Hungary that has taken it's place of soothing me. And I bought a new feather pillow at walmart, but it's missing something. So there's my very very very sad story. So hopefully I will have my Hungarian pillow for many more years to come.

No comments: