Sunday, October 26, 2008


Sunday I was feeling a little "eh" and decided that it would make me feel better if I took a bath. I took a bath, got out and dressed then went on the computer. As I was on the computer I felt a sudden gush, and thought "wow- that was strange" (5:10pm). So I went to the bathroom and I had water all over. I figured it was my water breaking, but was also trying to convince myself that it wasn't because it was too early (4.5 weeks too early). So I put another pad on and went outside by Nick. While I was out there (about 30-45 min) I keep feeling a leak. So then we came inside I told Nick what happened and he was like "let's call my mom". We call Terry, and she says "call the dr." I call the midwife and she tells me if I soak another pad in an hour to call her back. I walk around packing my bag for the hour and continue to leak. I call her back and she tells me to try lying down and see if it stops. Nick and I decide to watch a some "Office" episodes. I go to the bathroom and am alarmed because I see a little pink tint. I call the midwife immediately and she says to come on in to the hospital. (7:00pm) We get to the hospital and I am SOAKED!! I wrapped my coat around my waist and walk-in, check-in and am taken to my room. Things feel good. I get measured and am 1 cm. (8:30pm) My contractions started getting stronger and closer, but they weren't that bad. I decided that I was going to try and get some sleep. I fell asleep for a little bit, but woke up because the contractions were getting worse. The midwife came in around 6am-ish and measured me. I was 3cm and definitely feeling the contractions. She told me the baby's head was coming out face up instead of face down, and that is why my back was hurting so much. She told me to do a bunch of things and to get the labor moving even more to keep out of bed. She left; I sat on the toilet backwards (I had a love-hate relationship with the toilet) for awhile then the nurse came in and told me to get back in bed to be hooked up the monitors. I did that then went to the floor. I was trying to get the baby's head turned around by doing what Elaine(mw) told me to do. I wasn't feeling the floor so I got on the bed..had some contractions...and PUKED! I puked and puked and puked. It was sooo wonderful (not really). Then I got on the birthing ball and was doing that for a bit. I kept asking to get in the tub, and mom kept telling me I couldn't. Finally I asked mom to just ask a nurse if I could, and the nurse said yes. I got in the tub and had a really strong contraction. The nurse came in and measured me I was 7cm. She walked out said something to the people in main room and I started having another contraction. I told Nick "I think I have to poop" that got the nurse's attention. She came right in and told me to just relax and measured me...I was 9cm. I went from 7cm to 9cm in a matter of minutes. The nurse told me I had to get out of the tub...I refused, but finally did get out after about another minute. I got on the bed and told her I had to push. She told me not to push and I pushed anyways while apologizing for pushing. She told me to wait for the Elaine. I told her to tell Elaine to run. I had to push. Elaine came and told me if I had to push, push. I pushed and then....I said "I don't want to do this anymore. Can I get some medicine now?" and they were like, "no you're doing good. It's too late for medicine. You can do it. PUSH" I pushed then said, "I don't want to push. I don't want to push anymore", but when I had to I pushed. Elaine kept telling me she could see the head, and if I wanted to feel it and I was like "no". Not because I didn't want to, but I just wanted to be done. After pushing for 25min out came Calla Nickole weighing 5lbs 14oz and measuring 19inches long. She was/is beautiful.

No comments: