Thursday, December 31, 2009

'09 Resolution Weigh-in

You might remember this post from a year ago tomorrow? Well now it's time to weigh in on how well we did at working towards and keeping those resolutions.

The first resolution on the chopping block is debt. Oh debt, debt, debt, you four letter word, you.
Well I can't say that we paid of 2/3 of it, but we did make a substantial dent in it. I mean seriously, what was I thinking when I said 2/3? Oh I know, I was in my la-la land of if we spend NO money and put it ALL towards debt, then we CAN afford for me to STAY HOME with BUG! I still sometimes fall into this fairy tale land of mine where I think it might just be possible, but then am smacked harshly back into the reality of things. One day...one day...

Moving onto the second one....becoming better people? Who am I Miss. America? Seriously, c'mon I can do better then that! Well in response to "becoming better people" I suppose we failed miserably. No, we didn't commit atrocious crimes against humanity, but we didn't work to save humanity either. Sure we did our little here and there, but nothing too extravagant or out of the ordinary. We did grow as people, became more enlightened, but whether this was in the way of becoming better people or not, that I don't really know. There's always next year...


Well we didn't really do too bad considering we usually never even make resolutions. I'm having a hard time coming up with resolutions to make for 2010. I'm still not sure yet. Maybe I'll make a resolution to make a resolution, or is that cheating?

No comments: