Thursday, January 21, 2010

Graduate Classes Started...

On Monday I officially started my grad classes. I'm on my way to getting my masters of education in alternative education. I'm excited about that, but not too excited about starting classes again. I hardly have any time now, and I know that this is only going to take more of that precious time away. Only 2.5 more years to go...

On the more positive note- I have looked at the course syllabus and it doesn't look too bad. I am actually pretty relieved with this being my first grad course. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but I think I will do REALLY good. I just have to get my butt disciplined enough to sit down at the computer and work on grad school stuff rather than personal interest or my teaching stuff. All in time I suppose...(Who am I kidding? I'm the world's biggest procrastinator when it comes to things like this)

Did I mention how EXPENSIVE it is? Oy! It has cost us almost $1500 for one class. That's right people, $1500 for ONE class (3 credits). Good thing I only have to take 36 credits (sarcasm). So that's what,  $18000 and that DOESN'T include textbooks. Why does an education have to be so expensive? I mean I'm a TEACHER, going for a TEACHING degree, don't they realize how underpaid we already are?! If I ruled the world...

No comments: