Friday, February 26, 2010

Call Me Crazy!

Ok so I have officially boarded the crazy train. Why? What this time? I'm so glad you asked!

Well, as you may know I have just started going back to college, this time graduate college. It has been going pretty smoothly and it is just another thing on the procrastination list (I'm talking about the homework).

Still not getting the crazy? Here it is... I literally just signed up for a Dressmaking & Design Program that must be completed in 12 months, but can be done in 7 months. What am I thinking, right? I can tell you that... I am thinking I really want to learn to be a better sewer and there aren't any classes offered locally, so I searched online for some classes and they were a bit pricey and then I found Penn Foster. What's so different? Well with this one I get to go at my own pace, I get a new sewing machine (Brother XL 5430), I get a Career Diploma for completing the program, and Penn Foster is an accredited school.  I have been eying this program for about 6 months now, and today I finally talked it over with the Hubba-bub and called for some more information, then SIGNED UP!! I really am excited about this! I think it will help me learn so much more about sewing and design, because ultimately I want to make Bug some more clothes and maybe even draft up some patterns of my own. That's my dream and goal: to draft up some patterns of my own!!!

I'll keep you posted on the progress of the whole program. Right now I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my textbooks, but am going to go sign onto my online account and snoop around a bit :)




1 comment:

Carmen said...

Oh it sounds fun, I'm just learning to sew and my goal is to be able to make clothes and toys etc. Maybe one day I'll be buying a pattern off you ;)