Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's been a long time...I shouldn't have left you...

Long time no lie! It's been over two months since my last blog post! I think that might be the longest I have ever gone without blogging. It wasn't that I didn't have the shakes and shivers from not blogging, because I assure you I defintely did. I even had some serious jonesing for it, but I just didn't have time to sit down at the computer for a period of time and write blog post. I could manage maybe a few minutes here or there and if I was at the computer for a period of time it was to either work on grad school stuff or to work on regular school stuff. No, there isn't any better descriptor for the work I was doing than "stuff".  The good news is that I am now on summer break and have much more time for myself and my family. THANK GOODNESS! I actually dropped one of my summer courses because I just needed more time. Ironically the class I dropped was about analyzing and preventing dropouts in schools. Thanks for making me feel like a failure LHU! Get this though...my GPA so far is a 4.0! Yea, I rock the nerd look!

Ok so let me try and get you caught up on all that you have missed in the past two months...
  1. My kids did AWESOME on the English Regents
  2. Nick bought truck, sold a truck, bought a truck, fixed the truck, fixed the truck again, and now the truck is running fine.
  3. Our lawn mower broke.
  4. We bought a lawn mower from CL and it broke.
  5. I have been sewing up dresses for Bug.
  6. We became an aunt, uncle, and cousin again!!!
  7. I made the cutest little gift for the big sister (tutorial to come).
  8. I still haven't mailed out the gifts. (I PROMISE I WILL SOON!)
  9. I got my YUDU but haven't used it yet
  10. We are working hard on the house....painted the kitchen, cabinets, fixed the deck stairs, are staining the deck this week, installing the kitchen backsplash (pics soon), etc. etc. etc.
  11. We GOT NEW furniture. Really...NEW. not CL...NEW. Leather and I LOVE it. (Pictures soon)

Ok I think that is enough for now. I will go into more detail on some of the other ones later, but for now it gives you an idea.  I just thought I'd drop a line and let you know that I/we are still alive just busy. I promise there will be more to come....maybe even today?


No comments: