Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Back to work..

I started back to work on Monday December 1. What a day that was. I was able to call home twice, once during lunch and once during my prep period. It was good knowing that she was with Jen and not a stranger, but so difficult. I just wanted her to be with me- even if she did sleep all day!!! It hasn't gotten any easier. Au Contraire..it's been worse because I can see how much she is growing and I feel like I am missing out, but it does make me value my time with her even more than what I already did (which was an UBER-UBER amount already). So I'm on my second week back to work...it's making me wish on one hand that I had a job where once I left work I was done with work because I'm having a really hard time getting the things done that I need to do. I mean don't get me wrong I am prepared for the next day always, but I can't seem to get ahead as much as I would like as a result of spending time with Calla rather than hammering down. I am going to have to find a way to balance it out.

Nick is suffering from me back to work too because dinner isn't ready when he gets home. When I get home I have to feed Calla before I can start working on our food and that means dinner isn't ready for Nick. Not to mention the need for me to find time to do the household chores. Nick does help by doing his laundry and sometimes loading/unloading the dishwasher, and I am grateful for when he does help, but I wish it was more frequent ;).Don't take that the wrong way- I'm not trying to complain or put him down. I am trying to be honest though in stating that we need to figure out how to balance the simple tasks of everyday life, work, and parenting. I'll keep you updated :)

No comments: