Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Highchairs



I have been scouring the internet for highchairs this whole morning. See we had one picked out from Target, and mom gave us a gift card for Christmas to buy it. The problem? Well the Target reviews weren't that great so I looked around at other sites for its reviews and they were just as bad. I mean it is a BEAUTIFUL highchair, but it lacks a lot for the cost. So I found a different highchair that I think we will agree on.
PROS:
*Wood (we want wood not plastic)
*Very attractive
*ON SALE 50% off

CONS:
*Ages 6+ months

So this is what I am thinking. The money that we can save by buying this highchair we can afford to get a portable highchair that grows with Calla into a booster seat. I think it is a really good idea, but are we just being stupid buying two? I mean the way I am looking at it is using the portable until Calla can sit up on her own then just keep the portable in the car for when we go someplace and use the wood for home. That makes sense doesn't it? Plus it would save on wear and tear so that they would both last longer for future children to come. Am I making sense? Please leave some comments or vote on the poll to tell me what you think we should do. I haven't told Nick about this yet because he isn't home, but I'm pretty sure he'll say do whatever you want. So gimme some input, PLEASE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Crystal,
Steve just bought Morgan and me a highchair. It is a little pricey but I think it was well worth the money. Tried to include picture but was unable below is the information on the high chair.


Zen Collection™ High Chair (by fisherprice)
All the conveniences you look for in a baby high chair—one-handed tray removal, feeding tray insert and 5-point harness that are dishwasher-safe, 3-position seat recline and 3 adjustable height positions. The Zen Collection™ High Chair combines all this in an upscale look with rich textures, earthy colors and beautiful wood accents to help create harmony in your home (especially at mealtime!) Folds for storage.

Approx. 34” L x 26” W x 40” H.

Maximum Weight: 50 lbs.


Better for Baby

Fewer germs—sanitize feeding tray insert in dishwasher.

Easy-clean pads help keep baby’s eating area clean.

High chair has a 3-position recline and newborn insert & pillow for even the youngest eaters.

Adjusts to 3 heights for a custom fit for baby.


Better for Mom

Beautifully designed to complement your home décor.
Fully featured to make feeding time a breeze.
Machine-washable pad.