Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year! Isn't it crazy how fast this past year has gone? I can't believe it. This year is going to be a challenge to top last year. I mean last year I graduated, got married, and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.



What's going to happen this year? Maybe we can get all our debt paid off?! Now that'd be definitely cool and would top last year. I think that is what we are going to shoot for. If not all paid off, than at least 2/3 of it paid off. I know you aren't really supposed to talk about money so publicly, but I figure that we out ourselves, than it will help us stay on track better. So SURPRISE! we have debt! BUT don't get ahead of yourselves, we aren't destitute....yet. ;) lol. Nor will we be. We are going to have to cut back our spending and things like that so we can put the extra money towards getting financially free instead of living for the now. We are very serious about this because some day we would like to see more of the money we are making in savings rather than giving it to bills. So who's with us?! Join the revolution!! :) (maybe I'm getting carried away)



And the second resolution? Well to become better people of course. I mean we are good people already, but I think we can be better. Nick made a deal with Jen to start going to church if she stayed up here. Now he needs to hold true to that deal. I personally am really excited about this resolution too. I think it can do us a world of good to go to church and start working on becoming better people. It will benefit us spiritually, emotionally, relationship wise, etc. We'll have to wait and see how this goes. I realize that for some of you, heck even for me, the thought of Nick going to church regularly is like an oxymoron, but I really think that he can benefit from it. I don't think he is going to "change" in a bad way by becoming less him; I think he will become more content with himself and be more hospitable. (Ok maybe that's what I'm hoping for)



I'll end with that and let you ponder on what you think the results will be... What are your resolutions??? (leave it in the comments)

No comments: