Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Coolest Present

At the beginning of the summer Aunt Linda came down with 3 pots on the back of Richard's truck. She said that they were late wedding presents for Nick and I. What where they besides pots? Well they were 2 tomato plants and 1 cucumber plant! How cool is that? So they have sat on the back deck for quite some time now just growing and growing. The bad thing is that we never did get to stake the tomato plants. Here is what they look like as of yesterday...

The cucumber plant. So far we have 4 cucumbers! One BIG one, two little ones, and one medium sized one!!!

The tomato plants are just starting to get some green little tomatoes on them. Right now we only have four on the one plant and none on the other. All in time, all in time.

I really truly think this is an awesome present! Maybe I'm just in a strange mood, but think about it for a bit... (1) It's unique. (2) It is customizable. (3) Edible. (4) Gives the recipient pride. (5) It's just AWESOME!

I can't wait until next year when I can get more pots and grow so many more veggies :)! Yes we do have a lawn that I could rototiller, but for some reason I think that growing them in the pots is more exciting. (Yes, I know I am strange)

No comments: