Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer of Swelling

The other week when I was outside with Calla playing I was bit by some bug on my leg and the darn thing swelled up pretty good. I knew it was going to happen because it always does when I'm bit by bugs, but I knew from the type of swelling that it was going to be awhile before it went away fully. The swelling always goes away, but with this type of bite I always have a red spot on my leg for quite some time after. Finally about 2 weeks later it is ALL GONE! How did I know it was going to stick around? See the darker red ring around it? That's how I knew. Err.. Let me edit this. I said that it was "ALL GONE"; I miss spoke. The swelling and redness is gone, but there is still a trace of discoloration from where it was. It gets even worse when I am in the shower....So it still haunts me. Give me a couple months.


Then as if that wasn't bad enough for the summer, I got stung by a wasp! I was stung last Thursday. After being stung I felt really dizzy so I tried calling the ER to see what they would say, but we had no phone! So I hopped in the car and drove up the road to see if Aunt Linda's was working. Richard was the only one there and they didn't have phone either. I told him what happened and that I was feeling dizzy and he drove me to town to the doctor. I knew I would be fine because I hadn't died by the time we reached the doctor (20 min after being stung) but went anyways. The doctor did give me antibiotics because I explained what happened the last time I was stung, and she was being preventative. This was taken after I had got home. It really wasn't that bad at this time. I should have gotten a picture of it on Friday; my arm looked like a package of salami. Good thing I had those antibiotics too because the redness started spreading like before.
Red and Swollen.
Again, red and swollen. You have to look hard because the flash muted the redness.
(Look at Calla-bug sitting on the couch! She's so cute.)

No comments: