Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Graduate School

As many of you know I have to continue my education to obtain a master's degree in order to keep my teaching certificate. I have 5 years from graduating from undergrad to do this. (Thank God!)

With one year of teaching under my belt, I think it is time to start college back up again. I really don't want to, but I can't let anymore time slip away. The program I am looking at is Alternative Education, essentially what I am doing right now. Anyways... I have until August 1st to complete my application. I have it almost done and am only lacking a few more things (1 letter of recommendation, a writing sample, and my transcript). The problem is that I can't get my butt motivated enough to do these things. I have sat down for the past week now trying to read the article to prepare my writing sample on but just can't do it. I always find some way to weasel out of it. Actually that's not true, usually my time is being occupied by Calla who demands on standing and walking around the house most of the day but only if it is holding onto my fingers. Seriously, how can I tell her no? As for the other two items that need to be completed...my memory or lack there of is to blame! Every night I am go through the same ritual "CRAP! I forgot to ____ today! I HAVE to remember tomorrow!!" Yea, that's not working out too well for me, so I recently downloaded a program onto my computer that allows me to put post-its on my desktop! We will see if that helps at all, if anything it will keep me from using up real post-its and losing those!

Well I suppose I have procrastinated enough with this post...off to....read my article?? No, probably become to a facebook gnome!

No comments: