Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Cup Tub Runneth Over...

Nick and I take turns giving Bug a bath. We rotate every other day. Tonight just happened to be his night...

He said that he had a terrible headache and asked if I would give her a bath. No problem, but then he changed his mind, and decided that he'd be fine. I'm in the bedroom checking my facebook to see if I have any willing lenders of the $220k that we so desperately need (see next post), when all of a sudden I hear Nick yell "Do we have more towels?!" I run to see what the problem is and he started running her bath water, then called his friend on the phone and forgot the water was running until a random moment in the conversation brought him back to his senses. Needless to say he was smart enough to shut the water off and pull the plug before yelling out his line to keep me from seeing just how bad it was actually. I ran to the bathroom and saw all the water then without missing a beat exclaimed, "I HAVE TO GET MY CAMERA! THIS IS SOOOO GOOD!" What I meant was that it was too funny not to take pictures of and post on the blog. So yes, in the middle of mayhem I'm thinking how great of a story it will be on the blog. By the time I got these lovelies the water had already started going down the drain (in the tub) and down the register, so there was only about a 1/2 inch of water covering the floor.





Nick said that when he went in the water was RUNNING over the tub and was ankle deep on the floor. I've never been so happy to have clothes lying on the floor before in my life! Thankfully they helped absorbed quite a bit of the mess. I'm just so glad that I no longer have the "Shania Twain" pants of my past that were latex-ish. No absorbing power there!

No comments: