Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sick Wife/Mom = My Dishwasher Runneth Over?

First let me say how blessed we must be to have two physical representations of "My cup runneth over" within a few short days of each other in our lives! Is the universe trying to tell us something?

Friday as you know, I was extremely sick and so Nick was left to manage the house. At one point as I was feeling better I made a comment that the house had blown up on itself! It was mayhem. He got the hint and started to clean up. We're sitting on the couch and hear a strange noise. Nick looks over and suddenly yells out "I'm not doing ANYTHING with WATER EVER AGAIN!" I look to see what he's talking about and see this...


{He was too freaked to even bother with towels this time; he grabbed clothes from the laundry room!}


Then he opens it and I see this....

Finally I ask him how much soap he put in and he said the normal amount, BUT then he tells me he squirted DISH SOAP on the dishes to "try and get them cleaner." There's the culprit: Dish soap! (Mind you, Nick has loaded this dishwasher many, many, many times before- I think he suffered a temporary insanity as a result from exhaustion from dealing with my unrelenting neediness of the day)

Have no fear, the internet is here! I said leave it until the morning and giggled about it. The next morning I woke up and checked online to see how to fix the problem...White Vinegar; you simply put some at the bottom of the dishwasher and it will eat the bubbles away. AMAZING!

I love my husband. He tries.

No comments: